Student Blogging Challenge Week 7: Holidays I Celebrate

Hello, visitors. For week 7 of the student blogging challenge, I will be giving you a list of holidays I celebrate. Each holiday will have a brief description in case you don’t know what it is.

🎄Christmas: A day where you spend time with family, give gifts, open presents, eat food, and more. Most people who celebrate Christmas get a Christmas tree that they decorate with lights and ornaments. Also known as X-Mas. It is held on December 25th.

🦃Thanksgiving: A time where your family get together. You say what you are thankful for in your life, whether it is a person, or a material object. A common tradition for Thanksgiving is to have a big Thanksgiving dinner or lunch. Common foods for a Thanksgiving feast include turkey, mashed potatoes, noodles, and stuffing.

🎃Halloween: A day where all the ghouls come out to play. It is a time of fall festivity. Most people go trick-or-treating around or on Halloween. Trick-or-treating is when you dress up in a costume, and go door to door, getting candy.

Pumpkin Show: The Pumpkin Show is a holiday only present in Ohio. It is a festival that spans over a set number of days. There is a contest to see who can grow the biggest pumpkin. There are also many vendors selling pumpkin flavored and normal foods. Examples include pumpkin waffles, pumpkin ice cream, french fries, corn dogs, cotton candy, pizza, and soda.

🐰Easter: Easter is celebrated differently everywhere. What a typical Easter could be described as is a basket of treats such as chocolate bunnies and Reese’s chocolate eggs for every kid in the family. There can also be an Easter egg hunt where the kids search an area for eggs that contain candy, money, or give you points that you can exchange for prizes.

New Years Day: A day that signifies the start of a new year. You can watch the ball drop, see fireworks, or make New Year resolutions. A New Year resolution is a promise to yourself to do something better. Common New Year resolutions are to be more active, lose weight, be a better friend, do more work, etc.

🇺🇸The Fourth of July: A day to celebrate bravery, independence and freedom. It is commonly celebrated with launching fireworks. Colors associated with The Fourth of July fireworks are red, white, blue, gold, sliver, white, black, and gray.

💗Valentine’s Day: Valentine’s Day is a day of love. People spend more time with their partner, as well as try to start a relationship. It is celebrated on February 14th. In some elementary schools, you make a box to store valentine cards, and give other students valentine cards. This, however, is not seen very much after grades K-4.

🍀Saint Patrick’s Day: A day of luck and of the color green. Commonly associated with Ireland and Clovers, it is a tradition for most people to pinch people if they are not wearing green. It is against the ‘rules’ to pinch someone on Saint Patrick’s Day if they are wearing any clothing ornament or have hair the color of green.

Veteran’s Day: On November 11th of every year, we honor the veterans who have died in battle or still continue to serve our country. Most veterans visit their families and tell stories on this day. It is associated with freedom, bravery, valor, and service to our country.

This was a list of some of the holidays I celebrate. I covered every major one. I chose task 1 as my task. I enjoy counting down and celebrating these days. If you want to share any holidays you celebrate, feel free to comment.

0 Replies to “Student Blogging Challenge Week 7: Holidays I Celebrate”